Thursday, September 18, 2008

Vain attempts at Bike Art

For NSW Bike Week, Waverely Council is having bike photo competition (entries close today). Its called "Celebration of the bicycle". I've never really understood the way cycling has emerged as a sub-genre within the arts community but maybe David Byrne could explain it to me? Anyho, I've entered two photos in the competition. This one of a Sydney bike commuter which I've called: "Dancing in the Streets"

My second thought is I should have called it "Never trust a cabbie" but I didn't think the judges would go for that sort of thing.

Yesterday I took another sojourn into the world of bike art photography. I rolled out my personal mobility fleet with an attempt to create an arty bicycle composition shot. I called the photo "autobikeography".

The photo contains every bike I currently own including the red Malvern Star which I've had since I was 12 or so. None of the bikes are the same colour.

No comments: