Sunday, May 20, 2007

An end (beginning?) to my bike.

I started on this blog late last year and I've been very bad about it... I've also spent most of my time sick, working, or wedding planning and it's meant very little time to bike, let alone write about it. Things being the way they are, I am selling my bike for $550 (ono.) to whoever wants it -- it's a Mongoose Randoneur, with new brakes (Shimmano). The drive train has Shimmano Deore parts. I bought the bike with a number of non-stock parts: the forks are Mozo c7120 and a set of Ritchey Comp handle bars. The crankset has three rings (Also Shimmano Deore, I believe), but I also have the original crank set that came with the bike. The frame is 53 cm (measured top of the seat post to the middle of the bottom bracket). Anyone interested can email me at randy.olson42 [at] gmail.com. Replace the [at] with an @, of course.

All hope isn't lost, though. I'm shipping my 'good' bike, a 2000 Devinci Chameleon from Canada in July. Maybe I will post a pic of that when I get it over. For now, though, it looks like I might be walking until then. I did like my bike, but I found the more I rode it, the more I missed the one I've had a lot of fun on back home. Like anything, biking (or cycling to Australians) is all about what one is passionate about.

Randy

ps.- Here's a photo. Adrian reminded that I might want to put up some specs.. It's got Shimano Deore parts, the person before me also added a set of suspension forks. Its roughly a 56cm frame suitable for rider over 5"10.

No comments: